Helping Plainfield Homeowners with Their Fire Damage Claims
SERVPRO helps stressed Plainfield homeowners with their fire damage insurance claims. We can help.
24/7 SERVPRO Fire Mitigation Can Restore Homes
A small fire can cost Plainfield homeowners an average of $3,500 to $5,000. More extensive repairs, like kitchen cabinet replacement or rebuilding rooms, can skyrocket costs to $50,000 or more. These repairs can balloon further without adequate fire damage restoration and repair from trained professionals. Solutions could become especially costly if the damage were not addressed within the first 48 hours after fire suppression.
SERVPRO fire damage remediation specialists help Plainfield homeowners save time and money by adhering to restoration industry best practices, focusing on repair over replacement. While some materials may be more cost-effective to replace, SERVPRO techs can respond quickly and minimize downtime to make a property clean and livable.
Speaking with Insurance Agents About Home Fire Damage Claims
It can be overwhelming to contact an insurer after a sudden disaster occurs. However, it is a necessary step for returning to a clean, comfortable home with repairs covered by a home insurance policy.
Consider contacting the insurance company about the following after fire damage occurs:
- First and foremost: report the incident as soon as possible. This step should be a property owner's first contact with their agent. The faster this contact is made, the more quickly a claim can be successfully filed and paid out
- After a fire, residents needing temporary housing should contact the insurer about what is covered under their policy and where to go. However, this is not guaranteed. Some policy terms may only cover food or other partial reimbursement costs
- Homeowners may be curious whether selling the home would be more efficient. If damages are minor, it is advisable to keep the house and make repairs. In cases like structure fires in homes that were already in some state of disrepair before the disaster, selling may be a good idea for homes whose insurance does not cover all the repair costs needed for the property
Homeowners are not limited to using the fire restoration companies that insurers recommend. They also do not have to wait until an adjuster has examined the property to call a trusted firm of their choosing. SERVPRO inventory logging practices can assist significantly with claims filing while also providing documentation for mitigation and repairs.
How SERVPRO Addresses Different Fire and Smoke Damage Soils
Fire restoration technicians at SERVPRO can deploy multiple solutions for soot and smoke damage soils, which often feature numerous types of soils.
- Pungent protein residues from kitchen fires are removable with commercial-grade enzyme digesters, which can convert these greasy materials into water-soluble residues free of malodors
- Dry clumps and layers of soot can often be manually dislodged and gently treated with dry cleaning solutions like Crumbly Cleaner, which
- Meanwhile, wet soot deposits typically require wet cleaning with specialized, EPA-registered solutions for successful removal without smearing. These sticky residues often come from burnt rubbers, plastics, and other petroleum products. Moderate to heavy soot may require alkaline cleaners rather than mild detergents
- Charring on materials like salvageable wood can be remediated with gentle yet effective abrasion cleaning. Blast media like soda ash also has deodorizing properties
SERVPRO can also implement moisture remediation for fire suppression, odor control with thermal foggers, and containment measures for collecting soot with HEPA filter vacuums. HVAC cleaning and duct sealing prevent smoke damage particles from spreading in the home during restoration.
Homeowners can contact the SERVPRO of Hendricks County crew at (317) 838-0100 for "Like it never even happened." restoration services.
Water Damage Removal with SERVPRO Extraction and Drying Tools
SERVPRO says--We're Faster To Any Size Disaster--call us for water damage restoration at your Plainfield property
Helping Plainfield Homeowners Reduce Water Damage Risk
According to the EPA, even a small pipe or faucet leak that ekes out a drop of water per second can use up 3,000 gallons--or 180 showers' worth--after a year. That can prove quite costly for Plainfield homeowners because this moisture can cause structural complications and mold growth well before that happens. Mold growth after even mild water damage can occur in as little as 24 to 48 hours.
When Plainfield property owners need water remediation, SERVPRO's fast-acting 24-hour service is prepared to begin the process. Regardless of the scale of the disaster, these highly-trained technicians are equipped to remediate damage, remove irreparable materials, and remediate bacterial growth that can impact a home's comfort and sanitation.
Evaluating Effective Water Damage Practices for Homeowners
After water damage occurs, homeowners can:
- Keep damaged parts after repairs are made for the insurance company to evaluate when determining compensation
- When it is safe, shut off breakers to prevent potential electrical issues and remove electrical devices that are on the floor or low to the ground, including items like phone chargers or surge protectors
- Place foil under furniture legs or other wood items treated with stains. This precaution can prevent finishes from transferring to carpet and permanently staining it
It is advisable to avoid:
- Attempting to dry water damage with inked paper because the ink can transfer to impacted surfaces
- Activate heating or air conditioning without the express approval of a licensed restoration professional/ Operating these systems can potentially spread microbes and contaminants in moisture. Homeowners should also avoid adjusting the thermostat, as changes in temperature impact restoration efforts significantly
- Using electrical equipment like wet/dry vacuums to remove moisture can damage the item in use and create a shock risk for the operator
SERVPRO Water Remediation Tools and Processes for Residences
SERVPRO technicians' equipment, inspection methods, and restoration strategies are tailored to thorough water removal and returning moisture levels to normal as efficiently as possible. This firm's restoration strategies can reduce repair costs by only performing the demolition needed to implement water cleanup.
- SERVPRO techs may deploy polyethylene sheeting to cover surfaces and create drying chambers. This process can reduce the time and stress placed on air movers and dehumidifiers during the drying process
- EPA-registered antimicrobials can be manually applied or sprayed on surfaces depending on the extent of contamination potential. Carpet and upholstery requiring spot treatments can be injected with solutions
- Technicians can prevent wet spots on upholstery by wetting the entire fabric. However, overall treatment depends on the composition of the fibers in question. SERVPRO keeps documentation on hand related to a wide array of upholstery fabrics so that crew members can administer the correct type of care
- Drywall, tiles, or carpeting may only require partial removal for drying wall cavities or subfloors. Many materials can be reinstalled. However, if delamination is present, materials like laminate flooring and delaminated carpet are more cost-effective to replace
- Hot water extraction tools can be used on carpeting, upholstery, and drapes to quickly dry furnishings, rugs, and carpets while also sanitizing the treated material. Hot water and OSHA-approved cleaning solutions can both be applied during extraction while the vacuum component of a given extraction unit collects wastewater for disposal
SERVPRO can also implement repairs for demolition tasks undertaken during water restoration, including replacing flooring, baseboards, and drywall.
We're Faster To Any Size Disaster when homeowners need it most. SERVPRO of Hendricks County is reachable 24/7 at (317) 838-0100.
Plainfield Mold Remediation that Provides Professional Results
SERVPRO understands mold and provides and instructs Plainfield area individuals in mold prevention and remediation.
SERVPRO Training Mitigates Home Mold Damage
Home mold damage requires three conditions to thrive:
- Elevated moisture levels.
- Porous materials to feed upon.
- Adequate temperatures for generating new spores and clusters.
General cleaning tasks can keep microbes at bay for a long time. Still, accidents can occur that allow spores to grow in places Plainfield homeowners do not expect or typically examine. When they notice the proliferation, professional mold remediation is often needed to protect and restore the property.
Home mold cleanup by Plainfield SERVPRO technicians restores affected property and addresses the structural damage that enables mold growth. Commercial grade personal protective equipment (PPE) and restoration equipment are used per restoration industry best practices for remediation, containment, furniture and carpet cleaning, and structural repairs.
What are "Normal" Mold Spore Levels in a Room?
Because total mold removal is not possible, homeowners should stay in the know about what spore levels are considered normal for a property. This "normal" rate might differ depending on the outdoor spore population around the home, so it is best to have a professional evaluate spore density. The concentration of outdoor spores can vary between 50 and 50,000 in air sample tests depending on climate, plant growth, and precipitation levels. An arid desert climate will have lower mold damage levels than Midwestern farmland and forests.
- The average room typically has 200-500 spores living in it at any given time
- One room can have up to 1500 spores inside and still be considered safe to swell in so long as there are no factors present, like water damage, that would allow them to spread
- Slightly elevated mold levels might be a concern between 1,500 and 3,000 spores, but a dusty home or HVAC system could achieve these levels easily
- Some maintenance tasks should commence for homes with spore levels above 3,000 to 10,000 spores in a room, though general tidying up and HVAC cleaning can achieve this in many cases
- Professional mold remediation is a must at over 25,000 spores in a room. Microbes should be easily identifiable by sight or smell. This proves especially true in areas with 75,000 or more spores
Mold proliferation in a home is typically driven by excess moisture. To reduce indoor air humidity, leaks, and spills must be addressed. We have the training and the devices to ensure the RH within the living space is at a standard level.
SERVPRO Training Resources for Mold Mitigation Technicians and Staff
Because mold damage is typically a secondary result of another disaster like fire or water damage, SERVPRO technicians are trained in the following disciplines along with their Initial Crew Training:
- Understanding IICRC standards for restoration industry technicians
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
Technicians who wish to broaden their education, specialize in specific restoration disciplines, or stay updated on industry guidelines can learn more with self-paced e-learning modules. These online learning opportunities include support materials, video presentations, and knowledge tests at the end of each unit.
New SERVPRO franchise owners are also trained in these industries and Mold Mitigation during an intensive 15-day course at the SERVPRO Corporate Training Facility. This comprehensive educational experience includes practical cleanup experience in the Corporate Training House, which is designed to weather many disaster scenarios.
Continuing education classes offer credit and noncredit opportunities for industry-adjacent professionals, like insurance claims adjusters and real estate agents, to broaden their knowledge base regarding disasters. Available courses with credit offerings include separate units on water and fire damage restoration, Understanding Mold in the Restoration Industry, Restorative Drying for Loss Control. A noncredit Mitigation Awareness Response Seminar is also available for professionals to attend.
SERVPRO of Hendricks County restoration professionals can remediate mold damage "Like it never even happened." Call (317) 838-0100.
Water Damage Restoration in Plainfield Calls for SERVPRO’s Help
Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County at (317) 838-0100 for fast and efficient service.
Get Effective Water Damage Restoration in Plainfield
Water intrusion incidents can leave severe damage on the affected house, which can accumulate if not handled well and fast enough. The critical factor is identifying the source of the damage and performing emergency mitigation steps to stop the damage from escalating and then contacting emergency service providers.
The homeowners who need water damage restoration in Plainfield should not be so stressed since SERVPRO is there to handle the situation. Our technicians are well-trained, well-equipped, certified, and ready to handle any situation. After assessing the affected homes, our technicians disconnect the outlets to avoid electrical shocks or explosions.
SERVPRO also inspects the house to determine whether mold has started growing. Water removal is a vital step in the restoration process. The more water our restorers remove, the less time we spend evaporating and dehumidifying the remaining moisture. We can use electric submersible pumps to remove the water. Our team can remove the moisture using ventilation fans and desiccant dehumidifiers. We also remove the damaged materials and dispose of the irreparable ones.
Disinfection is vital depending on the water type involved in the damage. We can sanitize the affected area to avoid mold growing during our restoration process. Depending on the situation, SERVPRO has a variety of activities that we carry out during our deodorization process after water damage. They include:
- For carpeting, we use disinfectants approved by the EPA to treat both sides of the floor and the carpet.
- For hard surface floors, we use a mop application of EPA-registered disinfectants or fog with appropriate products for odor control. SERVPRO can use ULV foggers to work on larger surfaces.
- We work on walls and ceilings, like on floors and carpets. We use pump sprayers or ULV foggers for the application.
- For areas of significant odor, pellets work better in masking the smell as the drying process continues.
If water damage goes unaddressed for an extended period, your house can incur damages from which it might not recover. To avoid this scenario, contact SERVPRO of Hendricks County at (317) 838-0100. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
SERVPRO Cleans Up Commercial Water Damage in Plainfield
Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County today if you need help with professional water damage restoration.
Days Old Commercial Water Damage Clean Up by SERVPRO in Plainfield
It is amazing how much water can spread over floors and work areas from a water leak in Plainfield. Whether it is a plumbing break during the night or on a weekend when no one is around, hundreds and sometimes thousands of gallons of water can be disbursed inside a commercial building. With time to soak into everything, removing the water and dry flooring, walls, and contents is a major task.
SERVPRO can be onsite in less than four hours to begin commercial water damage cleanup at your Plainfield business. We quickly assess the situation and deploy high-capacity pumps and water extractors to remove excess water. We also evaluate whether there is permanent damage to walls, flooring, and structures. In many situations, water can cause secondary damage to subfloors and structures if it has been present overnight or over a weekend. Mold colonies can begin forming in less than 24 hours under the right conditions. Wood structures can lose their integrity and require replacement.
The SERVPRO team also provides building repair and reconstruction services. After the commercial space is dry, our building services team can begin controlled demolition if needed and begin restoration and repairs to structures damaged by the water. Plumbing, electrical, flooring, walls, and much more are just a few of the services offered. We can save time and money and return your commercial business to normal operations in a pre-damaged condition.
SERVPRO offers the following services to our commercial business clients:
- Water cleanup and removal
- Water damage repairs
- Water damage restoration
We can also assist with removing contents of your commercial space to a dry area to return to partial operational condition, allowing employees to continue working and provide service to your customers.
Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County for commercial water damage repair services. We provide service to Plainfield and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (317) 838-0100.
Fire Damage Deodorization with Thermal Fogging in Avon
If you find yourself in need of assistance with fire damage remediation, call SERVPRO at (317) 838-0100
Does SERVPRO Use Thermal Fogging to Deodorize After Fire Damage in Avon?
Fires can cause significant damage to homes in Avon, including damage by the actual fire, water and chemicals used to extinguish fire, the smoke residues that cover everything, and the smoke odors in your home. Many of our customers have questions about removing the odors and whether they need to take safety precautions when applying thermal fogging.
SERVPRO provides fire damage restoration to consumers in Avon and the surrounding area. We are onsite less than four hours from your call to assess the situation and initiate cleanup after the fire. We manage the secondary damage from long exposure to water, chemicals, and smoke residues. Our team lead can address all your questions, including those about thermal fogging to remove odors from smoke residues.
Once the contents and structure damaged by the fire, including controlled demolition activity if needed, are completed, we clean all surfaces to remove residues. Everything is washed and cleaned, including walls, appliances, floors, and furniture. Many of our clients are concerned about odors from the fire, which is where thermal fogging is introduced to neutralize any odors.
Clients should not enter their homes while thermal fogging is underway. SERVPRO posts warning signs at all entrances and notify the local fire department and security monitoring companies to avoid false alarms. Thermal fogging can look like smoke. We also extinguish all pilot lights and disconnect any electrical devices that might produce a spark. SERVPRO installs high-capacity air movers to ventilate the space before allowing clients and pets to re-enter the home; once the odors have been neutralized,
SERVPRO provides extensive fire restoration services in your area:
- House fire cleanup
- Smoke damage restoration
- Water and fire damage repair and restoration
Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County for fire damage restoration services. We provide service to Avon and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (317) 838-0100.
Call the Fire Restoration Professionals at SERVPRO in Plainfield
The first step to resolving fire damage is calling your local trained professionals at SERVPRO of Hendricks County.
SERVPRO Checks for Hazardous Materials During Fire Restoration in Plainfield
A fire in your Plainfield home or commercial building can produce hazardous chemicals from compounds burned during the fire, as well as release lead and asbestos into your home. In addition to all of the damage, which is overwhelming, your home may be a threat to your health and welfare.
SERVPRO provides fire restoration services to Plainfield and surrounding areas to residents and business people. Our experience has shown that a variety of chemicals are often released during a fire whenever plastics and other contents are exposed to heat and flames.
Our team can be onsite in less than four hours from your call. We assess the situation for all hazards, including chemicals, slip and fall conditions, exposure to live electrical wires, and other risks specific to the site. Our cleanup and restoration recommendations include keeping everyone safe, our employees, your family, and the contractors we employ onsite to help with restoration.
We remove all the damaged contents and structure, water and chemicals used to quell the fire, and smoke residue and odors before beginning the restoration of your home. We aim to return your home or business to its original condition, “Like it never even happened.” Our building services team includes all the tradespeople and specialists typically needed to restore a home. We can save time and money by returning your family home as soon as possible after a catastrophic fire event.
SERVPRO provides the following services to our clients:
- House fire clean up
- Fire and smoke damage restoration
- Smoke damage and smoke residue removal
Call SERVPRO of Hendricks County for fire restoration services. We provide service to Plainfield and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (317) 838-0100.
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration in Plainfield Requires Professional Hands
SERVPROO IICRC certified technicians have the training and experience for all phases of commercial damage restoration.
Trust SERVPRO for Commercial Fire Damage Cleanup in Plainfield
A fire has compromised the structural integrity of my commercial property. Who can help me restore it so that I do not put all the daily operations that keep it alive on hold?
The infiltration of smoke into even the most hidden parts of the building is one reason you need professionals to take charge of commercial fire damage restoration of your Plainfield property. The other one is the need to be up and running in the shortest time possible to avoid revenue loss.
Commercial property owners and managers should not have much to worry about since SERVPRO has a team of professional technicians who can handle any situation efficiently. We can roughly trace our process to these steps:
- Assessing the damage the fire has caused to your commercial property.
- Boarding up windows and entrances to avoid external weather interference.
- Cleaning out the traces of smoke and soot from all affected areas.
- Deodorizing the property using different products and equipment.
SERVPRO has the technology and know-how to salvage and clean your furnishings and property effectively. Our restoration specialists can remove soot and smoke from all the affected structures and materials. We can use liquid crème cleaners to clean hard surfaces. These products also polish, brighten and deodorize the affected surfaces. They have mild abrasives, which make them outstanding at eradicating rust stains, stubborn spots, grease, black marks, and soap scum. The cleaners are thick liquids that cling to vertical surfaces. Our SERVPRO technicians use them only on surfaces that mild abrasives cannot harm, like metal, porcelain, stainless steel, fiberglass, Formica, plastic rubber, pans, and pots.
Fire damage causes unpleasant odors. Our SERVPRO team can use electro-gen thermal fogging equipment to apply water-based thermal fog deodorizers to your property to eliminate the odors. The agent comes out in a fine-misted fog that can penetrate small crevices and cracks and drive out the smells.
Restoring your commercial property in a short time requires the services of expert restorers. Contact SERVPRO of Hendricks County at (317) 838-0100 for effective repairs that make the fire, and smoke damage seem “Like it never even happened.”
Commercial Water Damage Restoration in Plainfield Requires Professionalism
Commercial damage restoration services by SERVPRO are second to none. Call now!
SERVPRO Handles Commercial Water Damage Restoration in Plainfield
When water damage occurs on your commercial property, the results can be devastating. It can damage the property, materials, supplies, or stock required for everyday operations. Damage to documents and vital records simultaneously halts or disrupts your business operations. A rapid response is critical.
SERVPRO professionals are ready to evaluate your property to understand the situation, which helps us improve the restoration process. We have years of experience offering commercial water damage restoration in Plainfield under our name. Our extensive track record guarantees that we can provide effective restoration services.
We are a leader in the restoration field and can use industry best practices and cutting-edge technology to prevent loss of revenue. Some of the other reasons why you should hire SERVPRO for the cleanup and restoration are:
- We can restore your commercial property without making huge and unnecessary movements and rearrangements.
- We work at top speed to save you time and avoid spending significant money on restoration.
- As for the salvageable furnishings, electronics, and retail goods, we have a wide variety of technologies that can restore them to their normal conditions.
Our SERVPRO technicians can also use top-of-the-line equipment to remove water and dry your property. We can use electric submersible pumps to extract the water. These pumps eradicate the suction lift limitation and operate quietly and continuously.
We also have non-penetrative moisture meters that allow us to detect moisture even on the most hidden sections of your property. We conduct the whole process, from assessment through mitigation, cleaning up, and sanitization to complete restoration and repairs, with the highest levels of professionalism.
Our SERVPRO team can also use freeze-drying and other cleaning services to recover your documents and sensitive records and then dry and restore them to reasonable standards.
Do not let your business lose revenue due to disruption of daily activities when water damage occurs. Contact SERVPRO of Hendricks County for assistance at (317) 838-0100. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
SERVPRO Can Perform Mold Removal in Your Avon House Effectively
Mold Removal in Avon Needs Effective Remediation Services
Leaving mold unattended can cause it to colonize larger areas of your house, leading to structural damage and ruining its aesthetic appeal. Trying to tackle it yourself might turn out to be ineffective. You need a specialist to complete the remediation process at the best efficiency possible.
SERVPRO is the service provider of your choice, for we offer highly effective mold removal services in Avon. Our technicians are well trained and certified so that you can trust us. When a mold colony develops in your house, the most critical emergency step is to contain the contamination to ensure the house occupants are safe and the mold does not spread to uncontaminated sections. Some of the measures that SERVPRO uses for containment are:
- Installing plastic sheeting to act as a barrier.
- Sealing all the HVAC vents to prevent mold spores from contaminating the duct system
- Establishing negative air pressure in the contaminated areas to ensure everything is contained within the sheeting for easier air scrubbing
- For the safety of our technicians and others needing entry and exit from the structure, SERVPRO establishes decontamination and clean rooms. We enter, leave and decontaminate the materials and equipment in use.
Our team can use HEPA vacuums to remove the loose mold fragments from salvageable materials. We can then dump-wipe the semi-porous materials like concrete and wood. To ensure that your house is safe after the remediation process, we can use air scrubbers to absorb the mold spores that might have become airborne due to disturbances during the remediation process.
Our SERVPRO technicians can also use thermal foggers to apply solvent-based thermal fog deodorizers and give it about 30 minutes or leave it overnight to remove the bad smell, depending on how severe it is. Thermal fog deodorizers are a mixture of fragrances, odor counteractants, and aromatic phenolics in a solvent base, making them highly effective.
Contact SERVPRO of Hendricks County at (317) 838-0100 for a smooth mold remediation process. We have the expertise to make the mold infestation seem “Like it never even happened.”